Saturday, December 10, 2011

Printing quotes

Like I said today I went went to Office Depot and FedEx Office(Kinkos) and got quotes on printing our cards. At both place I asked for copy prices on 8 1/2 by 11, 80 lb. glossy card stock and printing 400 sheets.

At Office Depot they only had 100 lb. and 65 lb. glossy card stock. I only got a price on the 100 lb. because I thought the 65 lb. would be too flimsy. For 400 prints on the 100 card stock it came to about $0.84 per sheet after tax. Each sheet has 8 cards on it, but the front and backs are separate and need to be glued together. Each sheet of 8 cards front and back costs $1.68. Each card then costs $0.21 to make. Not much lower than having the cards made professionally done but I can make them in small bunches because there is no minimum number of prints. Where as with a prof. there was a 10,000 card minimum to get them as cheap as $0.22 a piece.

Like I said I also went to FedEx and got a quote but it was $1.24 a sheet after tax to get them done there which is almost double the Office Depot quote. I am going to call Staples later to see about their pricing. No need to drive all the way there for a quote. I will let you know what I find out.

Again thanks for reading and don't forget to follow us.

-SRock

No comments:

Post a Comment