Friday, December 30, 2011

First Card Printing

     Today I had my first set of cards printed.  I had Rock Johnson, Bones Batterman and Lucifer Shroud printed along with the backs.  The prints are not two sided, the cards are actually two piece of 80 lb. glossy card stock.  I had them done at OfficeMax because they were the cheapest quote that I found.  They charged $0.71 per sheet and I had 2 sheets of each card done and 6 sheets of the card backs, so 12 in all for $9.21.  This came to about $1.54 per sheet of cards, front and back.  With 9 cards per sheet, each card came to $0.17 a piece.  Better than the $0.20-$0.25 I had previously found at different print shops.  On top of being cheaper than some of the other shops I tried out, OfficeMax was also a cleaner, crisper print.  I am very excited with their work.  The first sheet I cut with a cheap paper cutter and the card edges were slightly frayed and not smooth.  So, back to OfficeMax I went to exchange the first paper cutter for a bigger guillotine style cutter.  This worked out perfectly, such a clean smooth cut.  The cleaner cut also reduced the width of the card in half.  The cards are a little thicker than a magic card, 10 Sports Wars Cards are the same width of 10 Magic: The Gathering Cards.  Having a stack of  45 Sports Wars Cards actually made, printed and in my hands is getting me ever more excited to get this project moving forward.  I can't wait to get more monster images to make more cards.  This is getting very fun and I feel like all the work I have been putting in is finally turning into something.  YAY!!!!  Thanks for reading.  Go donate and receive a few of our freshly printed cards.  For the next 2 days get 20% off if you like our facebook page.

-SRock

2 comments:

  1. Waseem, I am sorry to say that I have never tried to make cards from plastic. I used a glossy card stock paper. This made the cards like a magic or pokemon card.

    ReplyDelete