Monday, November 21, 2011

Post 1: Welcome to the creation of sports wars

    First off, thank you for checking out the blog.  This blog is being used to gain interest in my new trading card game while I'm creating it.  All comments and questions will be take into consideration while creation of sportS*Wars - The trading card game.  in concept this game came to me one day while walking through Wal-mart, I passed the trading card aisle and remember how much fun I used to have buying packs of sports cards growing up.  Standing there for a while looking over all the different card packs, brands, sports, and then there were all the role-playing game cards(Magic, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, etc......).  Both in one section, next to each other, I don't know why but the thought had never came to me before to cross the two.  A trading card game that somehow involved sports and monsters. DING, DING, DING, KO!!!!   sportS*Wars is created.  Now with a purpose for my shop at Wal-mart, instead of just wondering around aimlessly trying to kill some time, I grab a basket and the ideas start flowing.  Once home and at my desk with a stack of bank paper, I begging jotting down all the little ideas that are flowing through my head.  I can't even get them down on paper as fast as I am thinking them up.

     After a few hours I believe that I have the general idea for the game. Wanting a little break, I decided to go back to Wal-mart and buy a pack or two of a couple different type of trading cards.  I figured that I could use them to get some more ideas and also help me figure out a general lay-out for the cards when I get to that point.   Opening the packs brought me back years again to being a kid.  I had no clue what to expect it had been years since I had bought cards like this.  After looking through the cards and reading of the game manuals, help me again hone down my idea and get a better understanding of what I wanted my game to do.  Back to the pen and paper it went, jotting down notes and drawing little picture of potential cards, logos, names, and so on.  After hours of this I finally came up with the name Sports Wars, first because I wanted to use the 3 major sports(football, baseball, basketball), then I am still kinda up in the air about going with hockey for the 4th sport or having the 4th playing field be a battlezone, and secondly because it involves monsters and sports, so in my head that sounds like violent fun, Sports Wars.

     Next posting will be on my beginning the card design process or another card design depending on how fast I learn how to make better graphics using gimp.  Hopefully you guys are signing up to follow my blog and also please share it with your friends on facebook, twitter, etc..  Once my first batch of cards are made followers will receive a free bonus card available only to followers of this blog.  Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment