Thursday, November 24, 2011

New Football Playing Field

So, last night I start making the football game board using gimp instead of making it from construction paper and art board. I'm not gonna lie I got into kind of a groove and before I knew it was 2:00 am. Also, being very excited with how it was coming out, I woke up early this morning and worked for a hour or two before the Lions Thanksgiving day football game started. By the way, I have been a huge lions fan since I was 8 or 9. I know, I know the lions suck. But this year they are playing pretty well.

Back to the game board. So I started with a dark green 20 in. X 20 in. Square. I then put a border and yard lines around the field. I then added yellow yard markers at every 10 yard line and a smaller yellow dot at the five yard lines. Starting to look a little like a football field. I then added home and away teams, in team colors to the end zones. I chose blue and silver for the home team( yeah they are lines colors), for the away colors I went with orange and black for my high school team colors(HMB H.S., CA). After this I started adding borders(in team colors) for card positions and deck/discard piles. This is where I left off for the night.

This morning I got back to work early and fell right back into the zone I was in last night. I got through adding the labels for each card/pile position. I also decide to call the "deck", your roster. I decide to go with "Ineligible List" for the discard pile. I then added the labeling for the offensive and defensive card positions and the yard lines for each position offensively and defensively. I also added out lines to some of the labeling to make the works jump off the background. Below is the pic. Let me know what you think, good or bad.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and thanks for reading.

- SRock

No comments:

Post a Comment