Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New Card Design

     So, I spent a few hours watching tutorials on YouTube about how to use Gimp.  I learn about alter images and adding shadowing, plus a few other tips.  I then tried applying these new techniques to my cards.  I have created a new front and back card design that I am very happy with.  Here they are:


     I have realized since designing these that I need to add some sort of copyright info and also a card number to the front of the cards.  I also think that I am going to take out the team name, maybe place else where.  I would also like to eventually ad some sore of online code to each card so you could fight online or with a mobile app.  Pretty much you could have a virtual deck as well as your physical desk.  Obviously this is much further down the line.  So lets here it.  What do you think.  This is just the first card of many to come.

Changes to Card Front:

  I changed the background from a white to light blue background to this greyscale background.  Gives the card a little more meanness, if you would.  I also changed the coloring of the stat letters, these are much easier to see than the yellow color I had before.  I also increase the size of the Player Info box.  This small font size is hard to read hear and I don't know if it will be readable until I am able enhance the graphics or use a different program.  Maybe when printed with a laser jet printer they will be easily readable.  I am really not sure yet.  I also got this image online.  It had no copyright info or info on the artist.

Changes to Card Back:

     I took out the trophy that I was not happy with and put this yellowish colored star and the S and W colliding in the middle of the card.  I also add the silver lettering going down to each corner spelling out sports wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment